Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year and a New Gal!

My latest post brings wonderful news. After talking to my good friend Matt Levison, I realized that my standards were too high, and I was missing out on the opportunity for love. With that in mind, I broadened my horizons and just this week I meet a wonderful woman namd Gertrude Schmidt.
Gerty and I enjoying the "Ice"
Gerty and I hit it off instantly, as she is a lifer on the "Ice". Gerty is the local dietary technician (Ok lunch lady) but her knowledge of the "Ice" would put Scott, Shackelton, or Amudsen to shame. While she is a little older than me... what's a few decades when you find the right person.
I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I think she could be the one. And as much as I love children, I'd be an instant grandfather as Gerty already had 14 grandchildren. I can't wait for you all to meet her, she makes the meanest grits in town! I'll have more picture soon of the two of us at the latest party down here on the "Ice", this one is known as the Square Dance Fever. Talk to you soon, but I couldn't wait to share the good news!
This post was obviously a joke, but we miss you Jim! The lesson to be learned here is: Don't tell me the password you use to all online sites, that is unless of course you want a big joke to be played on you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Jim, I knew you would find love!

Matt said...

Great news Jim, I'm glad I was able to talk some sense into you. Gerty seems to be the perfect match for you!

Josh Bone said...

I cant stop laughing that is so freakin hilarious Kudos to whoever did that.

Anonymous said...

Jim! She doesn't happen to have any single granddaughters, does she? If so, you could be my grandfather-in-law in no time! Hook a brother up!

Matt said...

Josh and Chris, I thought the fact that I praised myself as being a great friend in the post was enough to give it away as me, but I was the culprit. I've been thinking about doing this for a while, but finally felt today was the right day!

Melissa said...

This was too funny! Thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

I am sure Jim will have new found respect for removable dentures after nights on the ice with Gerty.

Anonymous said...

That is classic Levison! Amy and I couldn't stop laughing. I can just imagine the look on Jim's face when he sees/saw that! Enjoy the rest of your time down there, Jim!